Blue Ciabatta - Urban Harvested Designed Recipe
- Beautifully Chef designed by Urban Harvested
Cooking time: 20 mins + 1 hr
- 750ml warm water
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1 tbsp dried active baking yeast
- 3 tbsp Luna Blue Matcha
- 800g plain flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Semolina, to dust
- In a large bowl, add the sugar, yeast, and Luna Blue Matcha to the warm water and let proof. Make sure that the pea flower powder is dissolved.
- In a stand mixer with a dough hook attachment, mix the yeast mixture and half the flour until well combined. Cover with a damp tea towel and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Once rested, add the remaining flour and salt to the dough, and knead until soft and smooth. Turn in an oiled bowl, cover again with a damp tea towel. Place in a warm area of the kitchen and let double in size, this can take 1-2 hours.
- Now is the time for the first knock-back. Using a fist, punch the dough to release the air. Cover it again and allow it to double in size once again.
- Once the dough has doubled again, punch it down and form into 2 - 4 loaves (depending on what size you prefer). Place them on baking paper lines trays that have been sprinkled with semolina. Cover with a floured tea towel, and allow to rise again for 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 230 degrees.
- Once they have risen, spray the loaves with water and turn occasionally while they bake. Bread is done when golden brown and sounds hollow when tapped on the bottom, about 1 hour.
Recipe and imagery designed by Trista + Anni, Urban Harvested