Blue Matcha Bubble Tea - Urban Harvested Designed Recipe
BLUE MATCHA BUBBLE TEA
- Beautifully Chef designed by Urban Harvested
Cooking time: 35 mins
For the boba pearls
- 6 tablespoon tapioca flour
- 2 tablespoon freshly boiled water
- black food colour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
For the tea
- 2 teaspoon Luna Blue Matcha (dissolved in 2 tablespoon of warm water)
- 1 cup iced water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cup full cream milk
- Place tapioca flour or starch in a bowl. Create a small well and add the water and food colouring. Mix Tapioca flour and water with a fork until they start to stick together. Transfer to a flat surface and knead until the dough becomes smooth.
- Divide the dough into 2 and roll each forming thin sticks. Cut them into small pieces. Try to make them as even as even in size as possible and should be small enough to pass through your straw. Roll each piece between your palms to turn them into small balls.
- Bring 2 cups of water and the brown sugar to a rolling boil in a small pot or saucepan. Add the tapioca pearls to the boiling water and let it cook for 15 minutes or longer until the desired consistency (soft or chewy) is achieved. They will also become darker as they cook.
- Remove from heat and let it rest for a few minutes. They will shrink back to the original size and will turn black at this point.
- Add two tablespoons of pearls and sugar syrup to a glass.
- To finish the pea flower tea, stir the pea flower mix into the iced water. Make sure there are no lumps of the powder left in the water, if needed you can pour it through a tea strainer to remove any pieces.
- In a pouring jug, mix together the condensed milk, vanilla and milk. Add ice and the blue matcha water to the glasses, leaving room for the milk.
- If serving the drink to other people, wait to pour the milk in front of them. The milk gives off a beautiful swirl through the pea flower tea.
Recipe and imagery designed by Trista + Anni, Urban Harvested